After unveiling some of the more surprising results from their first few surveys of porn viewers, Vivid Entertainment and XCritic dug even deeper to discover just how much porn people are watching, why they watch what they watch, and who they’re most likely to while away the hours watching fuck on their TV or computer screen.
– Two-time AVN Female Performer of the Year, Tori Black was voted the most popular female star, followed by Lexi Belle and Kayden Kross.
– Jenna Haze beat out Mason, Joanna Angel, parody maestro Axel Braun, B. Skow, and Robby D. as everyone’s favorite director; a huge relief for Ms. Haze, I’m sure, consider directing is all she does these days.
– More than half of respondents use blogs and Twitter to keep tabs on and interact with their favorite performers.
– Star performers also proved to be the most significant motivating factor in fans’ deciding to buy a particular release.
– Viewers clearly use porn for inspiration as well as masturbation, with well over half of respondents trying positions and moves from porn with a partner and noting that their efforts were very successful!
– Most viewers consider themselves moderate watchers of porn and regard it as a positive contribution to our collective culture.
Most notable, though, was the overwhelmingly positive response to the idea of dating a pornstar, with more than 85% of respondents claiming they’d be ok with dating a woman who fucks other men on camera for a living. And, even more surprisingly, more than 60% of viewers would be so comfortable with such a situation they’d even marry their theoretical pornstar girlfriend. That’s certainly one result I didn’t see coming!
Vivid and XCritic continue their joint mission to investigate and elucidate the culture of porn. Pornstars around the country, meanwhile, are fending off proposals of marriage with surprising dexterity and effectiveness. (Although Twitter’s ‘block user’ function surely helps.)
For the past few months, porn’s most well-known studio, Vivid Entertainment has been joining forces with XCritic to conduct a comprehensive survey of porn viewers, their habits, their preferences, and their opinions about the numerous factors that define how porn is produced, for whom, and for what specific purpose. Does anyone still watch DVDs? Are MMF threesomes more popular than FFM threesomes? Would home viewers perform in an adult feature if it didn’t require sex? What if it did?
XCritic has been slowly releasing the results of the polls and some of the answers have been quite surprising.
– More than 1/3rd of respondents still watch retail DVDs over online, digitally distributed content.
– Despite the continued rise of gonzo, a feature production is still the most watched porn format.
– Although double-penetration scenes have become more commonplace over the past few years, most guys still prefer two girls and one guy in threesome scenes.
– More than half of respondents claim to be always aroused when viewing porn, meaning blood is flowing away from other areas of the body to keep an erection, possibly to the detriment of logical and critical faculties; hence: your regrettable Coke bottle “accident”.
– Most respondents believe the amalgamation of Internet and television will result in more porn viewing.
– Lindsay Lohan is the celeb most desired to be seen fucking in a sex tape, low-res cell-phone footage or not.
– The most popular porn categories were anal and girl-girl, apparently by a huge margin.
– Almost half the men responding would take a non-sexual role in an adult production, while nearly 40% would say yes to a sexual role!
– And, perhaps most surprisingly of all, more than 73% of respondents do not hide their porn viewing, with more than a third enjoying porn with a significant other.
Vivid and XCritic are continuing their polling, so keep your eyes peeled on Mr. Pink’s for more results as they roll in.
With Americans preparing to go to the polls in just a few days, there’s plenty of discussion about who to vote for, who not to vote for, and whether or not presidential candidate Roseanne Barr is even on the ballot. Angelenos, however, will have to decide on one county measure that could see thousands out of work, hundreds of companies moving out of state, and the government having far too much control over, of all things, the adult entertainment industry.
Measure B is the controversial ordinance that would, in essence, make shooting porn without condoms and other protective devices illegal, and would see offenders fined and possibly jailed. Proponents of the measure cite allegedly rampant STD and HIV infection rates among adult performers and claim the ordinance is about protecting those having sex on camera. Opponents argue that Measure B is an infringement of their constitutional right to have sex however they see fit, on camera or off; that the adult industry is aggressively self-regulated and performers are much less likely to contract an STD than someone fucking in the general populace; that, if enacted, the ordinance would see the adult industry moving out of state, causing a huge increase in unemployment rates due to lack of work for those that work in off-screen positions throughout the industry; and, according to MarketWatch, it would cost LA county “in excess of $300,000″ to start the program and $1.7 million or more per year to maintain, according to a report from Los Angeles Fire Department.
You, however, might not be in LA and might not see what all the fuss is about. How convenient then that James Deen and Jessica Drake, both staunch opponents of the measure, have, under Kimberly Kane’s direction, produced the following informational video, showing what porn could very well be like should Measure B pass.